Have you ever experienced making an offer at the end of your workshop or webinar and nobody purchased? Have you ever felt while speaking that the audience is just not with you?
Well, it may not be you. It may be that you are speaking to the wrong market.
How do you know you have the right target market? Here’s what you will experience or see:
- When you speak to them, they are attentive and engaged.
- When you sell to them, the conversion rates are high.
- When you have follow-up strategy sessions to explore 1-on-1 coaching, the conversation just flows and they want to know how to get started.
- They are not nickel and diming you. They value your services and are willing to invest their money with you.
- They are ready to buy given where they are at in their business.
- You have a blast working with them.
- They challenge you to go to your edge.
- They rave about you and offer to do a testimonial for you.
- They offer to help you get in front of others like them.
- They remember you and your work even years later and are great fans and referral partners.
I invite you this month to look back at the clients you’ve worked with who met a majority of the criteria above.
Take a few minutes and jot down as many characteristics as possible about them – create your ideal avatar/client you would like to speak in front of.
When you focus your marketing on getting in front of that audience, I promise you will have a ton more fun, it won’t feel like work and you will generate a whole lot more revenue.
Workshop U’s Monthly Life Tip:
Comparing yourself to others is detrimental to your health.
When you find yourself comparing who you are, what you look like, what you have and what you feel to other people, stop in that moment and remember this: they are on their own path. You are on yours. Each of you are on completely different paths.
You are a unique individual meant to make a huge difference in the world that only YOU can make. So, focus on you and what brings you joy and lights you up.
Honor your values and what is important to YOU because, as Mother Theresa says it so eloquently, “…In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Live Events & Partner Events
Join me as I facilitate a 2 hr workshop with the Daring Divas of Boulder to learn how to “Get More Clients and Make More Money with Powerful Workshops & Webinars“. Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 7-9pm. Boulder, CO. Details and to register: Daring Diva’s Workshop
Is there a book inside you? If so, it’s not too late to join the Transformational Author’s Summit that my friend and colleague Christine Kloser is running – over 22 hrs of free training on how to write, publish and market your book. Christine is a doll – so genuine and provides high value in everything she does and puts together. Join the 15,000 other aspiring authors on the calls. Details at: The Transformational Author Experience.
Are you an Executive Coach, or aspire to be one? Another colleague and friend, Ben Croft is running the 4th annual World Business and Executive Coach Summit. We have partnered on projects in the past and you can rest assured – he puts on top-notch training. No sales pitches either. They are still in the pre-session phase – amazing free content from the greats like Marshall Goldsmith, John Maxwell and David Allen. Sign up for this free training at The World Business and Executive Coach Summit.
Until next month, wishing you a most prosperous May!