There is something available to us when we can firmly situate in one place and that is FOCUS. Fall is a great time to focus. I used to think focus was a 4-letter word, but I have come to appreciate it and see that when I truly put all my energy on what I want to complete, I complete it! What a concept, huh? I share with you this month a few tips to help you stay focused and motivated on your business so you can get your message out to more people faster and have a blast doing it!
Four Tips for Focus:
- Get clear on what you want – If you don’t know what you want, any road will NOT get you there. What is one project you want to achieve in your business by the end of the year? It could be around infrastructure, marketing, networking, workshops, webinars or speeches. Sit down and write the end result of that project. What will be present when that project is done? What will others experience as a result of completing that project?
- Set a plan for making it happen – Now that you have the end result written down, what specific steps and actions will need to take place to achieve that? Draw up a high level project plan with specific actions and timeframes.
- Seek out support & accountability – As you look at your action plan, who could help you achieve it? What support or accountability do you need? I have several coaching buddies I talk to twice a month to keep me accountable. Consider a colleague you could buddy up with to hold each other accountable.
- Schedule time for FUN and rejuvenation! Focusing on your project could be super fun for you and that is fabulous. At the same time, it’s critical to step away from your business and shift your mind and body on something else. Schedule short walks during the day. Take an afternoon a week to do whatever you want. Sneak out to a matinee or have coffee with a friend.
Technology/Tools for staying focused & working more efficiently:
- www.tadalist.com/www.ipriortize.com– easy-to-use list building tools to manage and track your business projects
- www.backpackit.com –simply and easily create, share and track project plans with your team
- www.bing.com/www.everystockphoto.com– free and easy to use websites for finding images for your workshops, webinars and presentations
- www.prezi.com– presentation tool to quickly convert your static presentations into “movie-like” presentations that engage your audience.
I invite you to practice the tips for staying focused. Let me know how it goes and feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 303-413-8001 with questions.
Enjoy and wishing you all the best to your workshop & webinar success!